Why Get a Website Audit?
As a business owner, you know your website is an undeniable asset to your business. It is often the first interaction your customers have with your company and has incredible impact on how people perceive you and your business.
Business websites can generally be divided into these categories:
- A free or low cost website built on a third party website software service (e.g. Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, etc.)
- An outdated website built somewhere between 1993 and 2016.
- A newer website (approx. 2-3 years old)
- A brand new website that you’ve just launched. (Congrats!)
- A website that is currently “under construction” but the domain is active.
You can have an old crappy site or a fancy new site and you still need to consider ALL of these factors for your business.
And having a brand new website does not mean it is any better than an older site that was built properly.
In the end, it is not your job to know Web design standards inside and out. Keeping up with the Web today requires a lot of focus and time that you simply don’t have in addition to your regular work day.